Ravi's Running Blog

Monday, October 10, 2005

Friends of Borderland 5-K Race

I ran the first Friends of Borderland 5-K Race on Sunday down at Borderland State Park. It was actually more of a 3-miler according to the organizers and it seemed as if the course was kind of "adjusted" at the last minute. There was a strange half mile loop to start, so that we came back upon the start line after 4 minutes or so.

The rest of the course was nice -- trails and fields. Nothing too crazy.

It was a cold and rainy morning and my legs generally felt tight. Still I was happy with the race. I finished at 27:20 or something. If I'd run a little faster I might have gotten third place in my age group! (it was a small running field).

Sonia came out to cheer me on, along with Helen (my mother-in-law) and Savannah (my dog-in-law).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home